About the Forum
PARADIGM, PFMD and EUPATI welcome you to the Patient Engagement Open forum – a series of virtual events where we will work together, in a multi-stakeholder context, to turn patient engagement into reality.
The Forum aims to provide a holistic perspective of patient engagement, the landscape and actors, and foster collaboration and co-creation while breaking down fragmentation and silos that are often present in patient engagement work.
Topics range from tools and recommendations for effective patient engagement, methods for monitoring and evaluation of impact and outcomes in patient engagement activities, and fair market compensation for patient input to interactive sessions on assessing good practices in patient engagement and more.
All virtual sessions will start at 15:00 CET/ 9:00 EST and last for a maximum of 2h.
PEOF2020 opening plenary (by co-organisers PARADIGM, PFMD and EUPATI)
- Session A: Patient Engagement tools session #1 (public consultation) Session resources
- Session B: Patient engagement and medical devices (panel discussion) Session resources
- Session C: Patient experience data in regulatory processes (workshop) Session resources
- Session A: How to engage patients in the early stages? (workshop) Session resources
- Session B: Plain Language Summaries (PLS) of peer-reviewed publications: how-to involve the patients in the co-creation process (workshop) Session resources
- Session C: National Health Council Patient Engagement Fair-Market Value Calculator Toolbox Session resources
- Session A: Patient Engagement tools session #2 (public consultation) Session resources
- Session B: Flash presentations Session resources
- Sustainability roadmap for the patient engagement ecosystem
- Patient engagement agreements explained
- Patient engagement in medicines R&D in the CEE region
- Session C: Motherhood should not be a fight – better safety information on medicines use during pregnancy and breastfeeding, with patients for patients. (workshop)
- Session: PARADIGM Patient Engagement Toolbox & Patient Engagement Monitoring and Evaluation Framework
- Session A: Involving patients in COA strategy and development: building relationships with patients for a meaningful engagement Session resources
- Session B: From diagnosis to treatment and beyond: personalized medicine – what’s in it for patients and understanding patient needs to make it a reality?
- Session C: How Patient Engagement Can Foster Access Through Improved Affordability? Session resources
- Session A: Patient Engagement and Quality by Design: Co-Developing an Implementation Roadmap for Clinical Trials Session resources
- Session B: Good Lay Summary Practice, communicating trial results to the general public – How patient engagement can work Session resources
- Session: Global patient engagement across regional regulatory boundaries Session resources
- Plenary session: Moving towards the integration 3 years of progress Session resources
Why you should attend
Get an in-depth overview of the impactful collaborative work streams in the patient engagement ecosystem and network with professionals from healthcare industry, patient advocates and organisations, regulatory representatives and nonprofits that are working together to make patient engagement the norm through tools, recommendations, good practices, framework and capacity building.
Highlights of the programme:
Presentations of ongoing patient engagement projects around the world
Interactive sessions where you will get to be involved in the co-creation of the tools shaping the future of patient engagement
Access to resources available now and receive an update about the upcoming tools
The PE Open Forum is jointly organised by PFMD, EUPATI and PARADIGM
A public-private collaboration for better patient engagement co-led by the European Patients’ Forum (EPF) and the European Federation of Pharmaceutical Industries and Associations (EFPIA) and funded by the Innovative Medicines Initiative. It aims to participate to the co-creation of a sustainable framework allowing systematic, meaningful and ethical patient engagement in medicines development. Strong of 34 partners, from patient organisations to pharmaceutical companies, regulators and academic, the project started in March 2018 and will end in August 2020.
Patient Focused Medicines Development (PFMD) was established in October 2015 as an open, independent global coalition of health stakeholders.
PFMD aims to transform the way in which we understand, engage, and partner with patients globally in the design and conducting of research and development of medicines by focusing on unmet patient needs. We are bringing together relevant experts and synergizing disparate but complementary efforts that integrate the voice of the PATIENT across the lifecycle of medicine.
PFMD is driving the culture change and co-producing tools needed to make systematic patient engagement happen.
The European Patients’ Academy (EUPATI) is a pan-European programme implemented as a public-private partnership by a collaborative multi-stakeholder consortium from the pharmaceutical industry, academia, not-for-profit, and patient organisations. The Academy was started, developed and implemented as a flagship project of the Innovative Medicines Initiative, and continues to be led by the European Patients’ Forum.
EUPATI supports patient engagement in medicines development by providing education and training to patients, industry, and other stakeholders through e-learning, face-to-face training, 19 national platforms, and an online Toolbox currently used by more than 1.9 million people.